Friday 18 March 2011

Sunset on 23 Things

It's been a real journey doing 123 Things, we have had our ups, downs, twists and turns but I have reached my destination (small cheer). I wanted to have the confidence to try out new gadgets and techy things without automatically thinking 'it won't work for me', 'I don't know what I'm doing' and to end up with the boring things I know and use. For instance today I've finally had enough of IE and all its hang-ups and quirks and dumped it for Google Chrome which is a real improvement for the work I'm doing and much faster to load.
The 'Things' I will use and plan to stick with are Diigo bookmarks,  iGoogle (my hamster needs me), Googledocs and Flickr among others, but everything I have looked at and tried has had its merits, and I can always revisit them in the future.  
Using web 2.0  from libraries perspective - well it has got to be a good thing to move forward with. It can really enhance your day to day work and how you manage it, and keep you in touch with the wider world through feeds and Twitter and see what everyone else is up to.
I have enjoyed blogging about the experience and wonder what to do with this Blog now it's over?


Image credit ericcomando89

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I'm an school librarian in an International School in Zurich and we also worked on 23 Things, a couple of years ago. It's a great starting point and there's so much to find out and learn.

    Loved the Hadrian's Wall photo...we have a cottage at Allendale www.allenmill.com

    check my blog: http://rdsnippets.blogspot.com

    Best wishes and keep learning, Ruth Owen

    ReplyDelete