Monday 14 February 2011

Rosy cheeks

I have a Facebook account but I deactivated it due to the amount of time involved managing it and having unwanted contact, although now I would just happily delete everyone I didn't like! I have been looking at some libraries today on Facebook. I was very interested (as a Brummie) about the plans for the new main library in Birmingham. It's a great way to get younger people involved and to have a certain amount of ownership of the project when it opens. It's free publicity and gives a personality in a way to a public building.
I also had a look at our own page which had lots of current info but it would be nice to see short videos and more photos- perhaps of the refurbishment.
I think it's good to have a Facebook page for a library, you can easily promote services, visiting authors, future plans, book choices, awards - everything! However, if like me you don't put the time and effort into looking after you 'face' you will be deleted from your audience and like any website if it's boring, out of date or badly constructed no-one will want to visit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment